10/7/2011 0 Comments
We experience so many daily challenges and obstacles which cause stress and prevent us from living a peaceful and enjoyable life. Given the current economy, real estate market, and high unemployment rates, stress levels seem to be at an all-time high. Relieving stress and finding the calm and clarity to make important decisions and enjoy life to the fullest is imperative. Since we can’t re-do what’s already done, let’s make sure to enjoy the daily journey that we create-with as little stress as possible. Having a friend, family member, or coach could really benefit in discussing daily pressures and brainstorming solutions. In the meantime, here are some suggestions for alleviating stress and manifesting tranquility:
1. Live in the present! How does living in the past and focusing on regrets help you fulfill your life’s purpose and allow you to enjoy your existence? Learn from previous experiences by living smarter today. When things don’t go your way, look at the benefits of being spontaneous and take yourself out of your comfort zone.
2. Meditation can clear the mind to help you relax while yoga, tai chi, and qi gong will also provide physical exercise.
3. Do something enjoyable on a daily basis and schedule it as though it was a required task. This might include volunteering, time in the sun, walking outside, art, writing, crafts, or watching your favorite TV show.
4. Workout by joining a gym or becoming part of a team (softball, volleyball, running group). Not only will physical activity release tension, joining a group will provide motivation and a greater sense of belonging.
5. Wind down before bedtime (minimum of 1-2 hours). Most media sources (TV, radio, and computer) cause our mind to race which prevents us from falling asleep peacefully. Give your body and mind some time to relax by reading a book, journaling, or organizing the activities for the following day.
6. Have some reflection time. Write down your concerns, what’s causing stress/fear, then brainstorm potential solutions, and also be aware of worst-case scenarios. Then visualize the ideal situation, problems solved/eliminated, and feel yourself enjoying the rewards of your hard work! Being able to visualize a solution is very important in relieving stress because it allows you to see and feel a resolution, which means that peace is possible and potentially around the corner.
7. Get enough sleep, 7-8 hours at minimum will help you feel rejuvenated and prevent the little things from adding to the stress.
Regardless of the stress relieving method, finding and removing the source of the problem is ideal. If that’s not possible, it’s beneficial to find ways to balance the negative with positive or change your perspective about the stress causer. As mentioned earlier, having a friend, family member, or coach to share another view or perspective is valuable for promoting change and empowering you to think differently.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.